Saturday 31 August 2013

My first fish

We have seen a couple of great sunsets. I was a little late for this one, last evening, but I thought I would share it anyway.


This is our friend, Edward. He is known as Brother Prince here in LK. He is the preacher of the Catholic Church. We helped him scape the church today.


He took us fishing late in the afternoon. We were out on the water for about two hours.


This is a view of the community from the lake.


We headed to the mouth of Spar Lake where there are lots of trout feeding on siscos, which are large minnows.


The lake was beautiful and calm. And it is true that you do not need bait. We just use lures. Here are the two fish that I caught.


David did not caught any. Beginners luck for me, maybe!

2 comments:

  1. Wow -Heather- ate one-froze one? Only you guys would scrap a church and get a fishing adventure, excited for your first day with students on Tuesday- will be watching the blog daily. Hugs to you both- Jane and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. AngelaD'Entremont7 September 2013 at 15:07

    I love that you are blogging your adventure up north. LOVE the pictures..looks amazing. Any northern lights yet? We miss your presence in the Maritimes already xo

    ReplyDelete