Monday 30 April 2012

Box top Challenge

This coming fall our quilting group is having a quilt show and we always have a challenge project for our members.  This year's challenge was to select an empty box out of a bag and use that box to inspire us to complete a project.  The only rule was that you could only use the colours that were on the box.  You will notice in the photo that my box selection was the tissue box.  My project is the one on the right.  I used fake flowers and I had to dye the centre of one black and the red flower is painted as well.  The project on the left is my friend, Melanie's, tea cozy.  She had the same box as me.  She made her flowers and if you look closely you will see that at the very top of her tea cozy is a white piece of fabric that she says represents the kleenex.  Some of the projects that our quilting group have designed have been really neat and very original.

I have recently created a blog for our quilting group, the Keswick Ridge Quilters.  On this blog you will see information on the activities our group has been involved in and samples from the Show and Tell portion of our monthly meetings.  There are also some more completed Box Top challenge projects to view as well.
.
http://keswickridgequilters.blogspot.ca/

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Heather! I love your little bumblebees...

    ReplyDelete